Technology Philosophy and Vision for Technology
At Casablanca American School, we believe that technology use, skills, and mindset are an integrated part of daily school life. By providing active, student-centered technology learning, we equip our students to be successful, responsible, global citizens in a dynamic, evolving world.
Technology links home, school and community, supporting the school’s mission and vision and strengthening our programs and operations through:
- Communication and inter-connectivity
- Creativity and innovation
- Collaboration and sharing
- Research and information literacy
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Internationalism and digital citizenship
The school’s mission and vision support teaching and learning that utilize technology in a manner that is:
- Integrated – Teachers and students collaborate to integrate age-appropriate technology within each subject area and across subjects to enhance the curriculum.
- Individualized – Technology is used as a resource to differentiate instruction to meet the learning needs and interests of each student.
- Inquiry-based – Technology will be used to foster inquiry, including conducting research, gathering information, producing documents, reports, and presentations to make learning meaningful and authentic.
- Forward Thinking- Teachers and students are committed to continuous learning, using creativity and adaptability to explore applications of technology in their studies and everyday lives.
- Ethical and Responsible – Students will be aware of how technology affects both local and global environments. In addition, students will learn to be informed and accountable in their use of technology.