WHAT IS PTA?
The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) of Casablanca American School (CAS) is an independent and multi-faceted organization made of parents, faculty and administration.
All parents of students attending CAS are automatically members and are encouraged to participate in PTA activities. No formal introduction is needed and there is no charge to join PTA!
WHAT ARE PTA OBJECTIVES?
- To support the ideals and goals of the school and to maintain high standards of communication and cooperation among parents, administration and faculty.
- To enhance and enrich the students’ education by promoting academic and co-curricular programs.
- To successfully conduct PTA special activities, services and programs.
- To operate and perform in a fiscally responsible manner.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN PTA PROGRAMS/EVENTS?
In order to achieve PTA objectives, the Association organizes many events throughout the academic year.
A. Fund-Raisers, such as:
- Winter Wonderland Bazaar: PTA organizes this full-day event to bring the season’s spirit to CAS. The day is filled with an arts and crafts bazaar, bake sales and kids’ activities, including a special photo session with Santa Claus.
- Spring Fair: A fun-filled family oriented day with carnival games, international food stalls, live entertainment plus our famous “Tombola”. It is our biggest event of the year with almost 1000 visitors.
- Popcorn Sales: Every other Friday, students are delighted with our delicious popcorn. For winter, it is served with hot chocolate.
- Ice Cream Day: PTA organizes Lower School ice cream sales for hot summer days.
- T-Shirts Sales: PTA-designed CAS t-shirts are sold to help promote school spirit.
B. PTA Sponsored/Supported Events, such as:
- Welcome night for teachers: PTA organized a welcome party for all new
Staff members and gave them a little present from Morocco.
- F’Tour: This event is directed toward new parents and new staff to acquaint them with Moroccan culture and traditions. It is celebrated during the Holy month of Ramadan when Muslims break their fast.
- Achoura: PTA presents tams-tams and nuts to each pre-school student. Gift baskets were also given to the Maintenance staff.
- Halloween: PTA celebrates Halloween with the LS by organizing a Haunted House, distributing candies, organizing contests, among other activities for pre-school. This is a well-loved event that the kids truly enjoy!
C. PTA LS Room Parent Program. PTA Room Parents are volunteers who assist with social and special events in their child’s class and helps organize field trips. The Room Parent is a crucial connection between PTA and the class teachers.
HOW ARE PTA FUNDS DISSEMINATED?
A few examples of past academic years:
- Books Donation to LS and UP library for Explore Morocco
- Coffee Machine for teacher’s lounge
- Ovens in School Labs.
- Basketball Court
- 30 Data Projectors for UP and LS
- Education Class Excursions
Other projects and activities that benefit members of the community are considered on an ad hoc basis by the PTA. These types of needs are brought to the attention of the PTA by administration and faculty representatives and by members of the PTA Board themselves.
HOW TO CONTACT PTA?
PTA Board meetings are held every Monday in the LS Moroccan Room at 8:30 AM. All parents are welcome to join. You may choose to join PTA by attending the weekly meetings or you can volunteer for a specific event or committee. We would love to hear from you!!! NEW PEOPLE BRING NEW IDEAS…..!
All faculty members belong to the Parents & Teachers Association and as such are expected to actively support the PTA activities.
CAS PARENTS & TEACHERS ASSOCIATION BOARD (PTA) 2011-2012
E-mail address : CAS_PTA@cas.ac.ma
Upper School Principal:
Lower School Principal:
Admissions, Communication & Development:
LS Faculty Representative:
US Faculty Representative:
Board of Directors Representative: